Last Saturday my PT checked my weight and measurements and from 2 January – 3 February I have lost 4lbs and 6.5 inches – way to go. This is healthy and sustainable weight loss, that is less likely to go back on as with faddy diets and a bonus inch loss thrown in from my exercise regime.
What have I been doing this month re cap:
- Following my DNA Fit results 60% Power, 40% Endurance and eatting 70% mediternean diet (for me this is vegetarian in the week).
- Strength training – 1 hour, once a week
- Circuit training with weights – 1 hour, once a week
- Joined a running club – 3 mile endurance run with the group once a week.
- A 3 mile interval or slow run with my neighbour once a week
- If I have time a speed interval training run on my own for about 20-30 minutes once a week.
So I need to commit to a plan for the remainder of February – the last week has been challenging as husband had an operation, so a lot of juggling a 40 hour work week and 2 children! I have had 2 really bad food days this week, so looks like a static one on the weigh tloss front.
February Plan – to boost the calorie burn
Aim to get my DNA Fit suggested Macro’s right 50% Carb, 15% Protein, 35% Fat. Calories were 1300-1400 per day – I am going to aim for 1200 per day average over the week, days I exercise may be more and when I don’t will be less to equate to 8400 calories over a week.
- Saturday (today): PT Circuit training – 1 hour, followed by a 2 mile run. Est. 550 calorie burn.
- Sunday: 3 mile endurance run. Est. 350 calorie burn.
- Tuesday: PT Strength training – 1 hour, followed by a 2 mile run. Est. 450 calorie burn.
- Wednesday: 3 mile endurance run with running club. Est 350 calorie burn.
- Friday: 3 mile interval run – 2 min run & 1 min walk. Est 350 calorie burn.
Total estimated calorie burn from exercise: 2050 (target is to burn through exercise approx 2000 per week, that should equate to just over 1/2lb weight loss a week)
Right – I had better get my skates on as off to Circuit training in 15 minutes – have a good week all!! Here is a picture of me pre my running club run this week – it was 1 degree celcius and dark – hence head torch!!